Last revised: November 2020
Online Privacy Notice
This Online Privacy Notice describes the personal data PIMCO Asia Pte Ltd (“PIMCO” or “we) collect or receive from or about you when you visit www.pimco.com.sg (“Website”) and the ways in which we use and share it. This Online Privacy Notice does not apply to information we collect from you offline such as when you submit an application or other form to us or one of our affiliates via mail or by telephone.
Our collection, sharing and use of personal data is governed by the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you in various ways. Some of this information may be considered “personal data” under applicable law. The personal data that you provide and that we collect or receive from you depends on the context of your interaction with us and our Website, the choices you make when you use our Website, and the features that you use.
You may provide information to us directly. We collect and receive information from you directly when you register as a PIMCO.com.sg user and/or log in to a PIMCO Website. This information may include your name, contact details, login ID and password.
You may provide information to third parties who act on our behalf. We collect and receive information when you provide your information to our third party service providers and other partners who we engage to assist us in providing services to you. Such third parties may include website providers and entities that assist us in holding events. The information collected by such entities may include your name, contact details, IP address and other online identifiers, login ID and password or information regarding the events you attend.
We collect information from you automatically through tracking technologies. When you visit our Website we collect certain information from you automatically. We may collect this information through cookies, web beacons, tags and scripts and other tracking technologies. We may combine this information with other information we collect about you on our Website or via other sources.
The information we collect automatically may include the following:
- Your IP address.
- Your device identifier.
- Advertising identifiers.
- Your location.
- The type of browser and/or operating system you are using.
- The domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Information regarding when you access or how you use our Website.
- The URLs of the pages that you visit and information regarding how long you use various pages or aspects of our Website.
For more information regarding how we and third parties we engage may collect information from you automatically via cookies and other tracking technologies, please see Cookies, Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising below.
We collect information that you provide to us via social media platforms and other third-party services. We collect and receive information from you when you interact with our social media pages, accounts or via posts you make on social media and other third-party platforms (“Social Media Platforms”). This may include demographic information about users who “follow” our pages or information regarding how you engage with us, such as when you “like” our content. For more information, please see Social Media and Other Platforms below.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you in a variety of ways, including:
- To present our Website and its contents to you and to operate our Website.
- To deliver the information, products or services you have requested from us.
- To register your account and deliver access to your accounts to you.
- To reach out to you about and market or promote new information, products or services to you that we believe you may be interested in.
- To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes to our Website or products or services.
- To help us improve our Website and deliver a more personalized experience. This includes by enabling us to estimate and analyze our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to our Website.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with you. This includes for billing and collection, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of the Website, its employees or agents, or other users or to comply with law.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or otherwise at your direction or with your consent.
- As permitted by law or as we may notify you.
How We Share Information
We may share the information that we collect pursuant to this Online Privacy Notice as follows:
- With our affiliates.
- With our service providers, business partners and vendors. These parties may include companies that host our Website, provide web analytics, perform data processing, distribute emails to you, serve interest-based ads or measure ad performance, or help us communicate with you.
- When you request any of our products or services. We will share your information to the extent necessary or appropriate to fulfill your request.
- When required to do so by law. For example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
In addition, please note that if PIMCO or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or lines of business is merged, acquired, divested, financed, sold, disposed of or dissolved, including through merger, consolidation, sale or divestiture of assets, the relevant customer database, including personal data we may possess about you, and information collected pursuant to this Online Privacy Notice, may, in whole or in part, be sold, disposed of, transferred, divested, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction or proceeding.
Cookies, Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our Website uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use our Website.
- For functional purposes, such as to provide the Website and its content to you.
- For analytics purposes, such as to provide us with information about which portions of our Website are the most popular, enabling us to see what web pages a user visits and how much time a user spends on each page.
- To personalize your experience on our website (e.g., to recognize you by name when you return to our site, to save your password in password-protected areas, or to tailor content, or product and service offerings to you).
- For advertising purposes, such as to provide advertisements to you (known as interest-based advertisements) that we or third parties believe may be relevant to your interests.
Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Rights to Your Information
We may partner with third-party companies in an effort to serve targeted, interest-based advertisements to you. We permit our third-party partners to obtain information about you when you use our Website. This information includes your IP address, mobile device ID and advertising ID. Such information is obtained through cookies and other tracking technologies. Our third-party partners and others may collect similar information from you across other websites and over time. We, our third-party partners and others may use this information to engage in interest-based advertising and display ads or other targeted content to you that is believed to be relevant to you based on your use of our Website, other sites and other information we may collect about you. Such ads and targeted content may appear on our website and/or across other domains.
We take steps to contractually limit the rights our third-party partners have to the information they collect from you via cookies and other tracking technologies.
You can generally manage your cookie preferences through your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies and how to disable existing cookies. For more information regarding how to manage your preferences, please consult the information made available by your particular browser or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
With respect to Google Analytics, you can also view Google’s currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout in an effort to opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics.
Please note that if you choose not to accept cookies, you may be unable to use certain features of our Website. In addition, you may still receive advertisements on our Website; however, they may not be as relevant to you.
Social Media and Other Platforms
You may choose to engage with us on Social Media Platforms. We collect and receive information from you when you interact with our social media pages, accounts or via posts you make on Social Media Platforms. If you choose to make any of your activities or other content available through a Social Media Platform, including on our pages, or you engage in other activities in connection with a Social Media Platform, your friends and followers on those Social Media Platforms that you have enabled, and potentially the general public, will be able to view those contributions and activities. Please remember that the manner in which Social Media Platforms use, store, and disclose your information is governed by the policies of such third-parties. PIMCO is not responsible for the privacy practices or other actions of any Social Media Platform through which we may engage with you.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Website contains links to third-party sites and services whose privacy practices may be different than ours. We may also allow you to connect with other third-party sites and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites and services and you should consult the other third-party sites’ and services’ privacy notices in order to better understand their privacy practices.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not recognize the “do not track” signals that some browsers may employ as no uniform standard for responding to such signals has been developed at this time.
PIMCO takes seriously the obligation to safeguard personal data. PIMCO has implemented procedures that are designed to restrict access to personal data to its personnel who need to know that information to perform their jobs. Physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards are in place to guard your personal data.
Our Website is not intended for users under the age of 16, and PIMCO does not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 is permitted to access or use this Website or provide us with personal data.
We take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal data that you provide to us pursuant to this Online Privacy Notice and any subsequent updates to such information. Under the PDPA, you have the right to request and obtain access to certain personal data that is in our possession or under our control and to have personal data relating to you which is inaccurate corrected in certain circumstances.
To exercise the above rights, please address your request to:
Data Protection Officer c/o Chief Compliance Officer
PIMCO Asia Ptd Ltd
8 Marina View, #30-01
Asia Square Tower 1
Retention Period of Your Personal data
We shall cease to retain personal data, or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal data, and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Changes to the Online Privacy Notice
From time to time, PIMCO may update or revise this Online Privacy Notice. If there are changes to the terms of this Online Privacy Notice, documents containing the revised policy on the relevant website(s) will be updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Online Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.